Thursday 19 February 2015

A Proper Introduction...



Last week, I made a drastic decision to delete my YouTube-channel 'Helene Jeppesen' where I have reviewed and talked about books for the past year and a half. I did this because I didn't want to do video reviews anymore, but at the same time I knew that I had to continue reviewing books because reading and reviewing has become such a big and important part of my life. That's why I decided to reopen this blog and talk about books as well as review them through writing. However, I never actually did a proper introduction of myself - mostly because I kind of threw myself into the world of blogging without giving it much consideration. Nevertheless, now the time has come to properly introduce myself and to give you an idea of who I am as a person and as a reviewer...

My name is Helene Jeppesen, I'm 27 years old and I live in Denmark. As you have probably already guessed, I love reading, but besides from that I have a full-time job as a high school teacher of French and English; a job that I love and that constantly faces me with new experiences and obstacles.

I live alone in a rather big apartment with my Norwegian Forest cat, Zeus, and all of my books. I currently have about 350 books in my collection; however, the number is ever-growing. I'm addicted to buying books, food, my fluffy cat and sleeping in. I also very much value spending time with my family and friends; preferably at home in a comfy couch or at the cinema.

As a reviewer, I would characterise myself as being very brief and to the point in my reviews and there's a reason for that: I want to provide people with an appetizer as well as my overall thoughts on the book, but I don't want to give away too much. Furthermore, I want for people to form their own opinions on the book without having heard too much of mine. Last but not least, I love to read books without thinking too much about what I want to say about it. It's not until I've finished a story that I will write down my immediate thoughts, and that's what you can read in my reviews.

I'll probably think of more before long, but so far this is what I have to say about myself. I very much hope that this blog will lead to new reading experiences as well as new acquaintances with people who love reading as much as I do.

Leave me a comment and tell me a little bit about yourself. I would love to engage with some of my readers.

Happy reading, everyone! :)




12 comments:

  1. Hi Helene! I did really love your Booktube channel, and I will be definitely be tuning in here for your posts and reviews! I started my own little book blog at the beginning of this year! I kept thinking about it and thinking about it, and finally just went for it! I love to read everything and anything across genres, and am currently working my way through Tournament of Books 2015 (which I actually think would really interest you). You can check it out, and more on my blog at: https://bookishtendencieskatie.wordpress.com/ if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I have never heard of the Tournament of Books but I'll make sure to check it out! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. You will be missed on BookTube, but happy to see I can still follow your reading adventures here! There is something more personal and cozy- for lack of a better word- about blog posts vs video, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is indeed! Here, I feel like I can do things at my pace whenever I want, and that suits me a lot. I'm glad you've decided to follow me here instead ;)

      Delete
  3. Aww Helene, We will miss you on BookTube, but I'm so glad you're part of the blogging community now :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 So far, I'm quite liking the blogging community and I'm glad I made the change :)

      Delete
  4. I still feel very sorry that there will be no more videos from you,but I'm really happy you decided to stay part of the community and share things on your blog.Can't wait to get to read more posts. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad to see you here, and I'm happy to still be part of this amazing community ;)

      Delete
  5. ohhh i loved your videos! But I hope to read about your reading adventures here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm very happy you've decided to folkow me over here :)

      Delete
  6. You were one of my favorite BookTubers. They were so intriguing and gave me a great taste of the different works of literature you were reading at the time (like a cheese tasting). The fact that blogging suits you more than vlogging is a perfectly suitable option. I started out with writing before I developed my web show and when all is said and done, I am a writer at heart. I will miss your videos, but I will definitely follow along on your blog! All the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely going to miss you on BookTube, but I'm glad you're still in the book community! Looking forward to your blog posts!

    xo Christina Rast

    ReplyDelete